705 Federal Credit Union Social Media Policy
705 Federal Credit Union has created a page on Facebook, Twitter account, YouTube, and Blog as another means to establish two way communication with members, create a sense of community, and discuss topics related to 705 Federal Credit Union’s products and services. The Credit Union also follows our internal policies related to member security and information. We are committed to remain transparent and honest through social media communication, and will not create “fake” destinations and posts designed to mislead followers and control a conversation. Every social media site (or other online destinations) are controlled and maintained by the Credit Union. We will make that fact known to users and must be authorized by the Credit Union.
- All comments will be reviewed and posts that are derogatory, defamatory, obscene, hateful, ethnic, off topic, spam, personal attacks, illegal, offensive, or those that are private or confidential, or any comment that is deemed to be inappropriate will be removed.
- Off Topic– We will exclude comments not related to the subject of the conversation. If you have an idea for a subject, would like to provide feedback, or would like a 705 FCU employee to follow-up with you, you may email us directly at email@example.com.
- Spam– Comments focused on selling a product or service, or comments posted for a purpose of driving traffic to a particular website for personal, political, or monetary gain will be excluded.
- Personal Attacks– If you disagree with the content, we would like to hear from you, but ask that you refrain from personal attacks or being disrespectful to others. Malicious intent and/or participation not in the spirit of civil conversation will be excluded.
- Illegal– Posts must not violate laws that govern use of copyrights, trade secrets, etc.
- Offensive Language– Comments including, but not limited to, profane or provocative language will be excluded. Comments that contain threatening, hateful, offensive, derogatory, obscene or sexually explicit language will not be tolerated.
- Private or Confidential Information– Please do not provide any of your specific account details or other personal information when posting comments. If you have immediate service needs, please contact Member Service at 337-232-8450, 1-800-653-5990, or visit our local branch for assistance.
- Posts in HTML Format (or URLs) will not be accepted. Please only use plain text when submitting your comments.
- Posts from Individuals Under the Age of 13 will not be accepted.
- Posts Containing Photos will not be accepted unless specifically requested by an authorized representative of 705 Federal Credit Union for a contest or other business-related purpose. In these instances, pictures will be reviewed and will not be posted if deemed inappropriate.
All comments are reviewed and approved by 705 Federal Credit Union before posting to our social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and our Blog. Comments are monitored, but not controlled by 705 FCU. The Section 705 blog is moderated and all comments are reviewed by us before being posted. At our sole discretion, Section 705 reserves the right to deny the posting of any comment we deem inappropriate.
Section 705 does not endorse any comments made by its employees, unless they are an authorized representative of the credit union. Section 705 does not validate assertions or forward-looking statements in the comments. All statements and viewpoints expressed in the comments are strictly those of the commenter alone, and do not constitute an official position or opinion of 705 FCU, unless they are posted by the original author (who is an authorized representative of the credit union) or by a subject matter expert responding on behalf of that authorized representative.
705 FCU Employees– If you are a Section 705 employee, you MUST disclose your employment status when you submit a comment or question. When participating in online communities, do not misrepresent yourself. Whether you are at home or in the office, working for Mission Fed is a material fact that may influence content, and community members have a right to know you work for Section 705. When commenting on the credit union, unless you are authorized to speak on behalf of Section 705, you must state that the views expressed are your own.
If we feel the nature of your comment is confidential, shares information not generally available, or recommends an action which could adversely affect our members, we reserve the right not to post your comment to our Facebook, Twitter, Blog, YouTube account, or social media site. Thank you for helping maintain the integrity of our community by disclosing your employment relationship.
705 Federal Credit Union reserves the right to change these guidelines at any time at its sole discretion.
Approved by Board of Directors on April 17, 2013