We Want to CU Save. Try a 705 Savings Account!
Here at 705 FCU, we are firm believers that it’s never too early to start saving for the future! That’s exactly why we offer a variety of share savings account options to fit your personal needs. Our account types include: Regular Share, Super Green, Christmas club, Lucky Lagniappe, Kasasa Saver, Vacation Club, and Youth Savings Accounts!
All of these accounts will earn the highest possible rates the credit union can offer, while considering the current market rates, overall earnings and expenses. Plus, these accounts are fully insured with NCUA, the National Credit Union Administration, so you can rest assured that your funds are safe with us!
We invite you to take a closer look at our various savings accounts for the accounts that best fit your financial needs.
Free Kasasa Saver®
Build savings automatically while earning a high rate of return.
This free account links to your free Kasasa® checking to make saving simple. When you earn cash rewards in your Kasasa checking, those earnings automatically transfer into Kasasa Saver. Plus, Kasasa Saver pays high dividends!
Visit us today to open your Kasasa accounts.
- Free account that builds your savings effortlessly
- Links to free Kasasa Cash® or Kasasa Cash Back® checking links to Kasasa checking page
- Automatic transfers of Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back earnings
- 1.00% APY* on balances up to $50,000
- 1.00% to 0.50% APY on balances over $50,000 depending on balance in account*
- 0.05% APY* if qualifications are not met in Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back
- No monthly maintenance fee
- No minimum balance to earn rewards
- Free e-services, including:
- Online banking
- Mobile banking
- And more
- Shared branching also available
- No minimum deposit to open
Here’s how easy it is to earn the higher rate:
Qualifying for your Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back rewards automatically qualifies you for the highest Kasasa Saver rate, too. Enrollments must be in place and all of the following transactions and activities must post and settle to your Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back account during each Monthly Qualification Cycle:
- At least 12 debit card purchases
- At least 1 direct deposit, ACH payment, or bill pay transaction(s)
- Be enrolled in and log into online banking
And if you don’t meet these qualifications, don’t worry — your accounts are still free.
Plus, you’ll still earn our base rate on Kasasa Saver. And you can get right back to earning your full rewards the very next cycle that you qualify.
- Account transactions and activities may take one or more days to post and settle to the account and all must do so during the Monthly Qualification Cycle in order to qualify for the account’s rewards. The following activities do not count toward earning account rewards: ATM-processed transactions, transfers between accounts, debit card purchases processed by merchants and received by our credit union as ATM transactions, non-retail payment transactions and purchases made with debit cards not issued by our credit union. Transactions bundled together by merchants and received by our institution as a single transaction count as a single transaction for the purpose of earning account rewards.
- “Monthly Qualification Cycle” means a period beginning one (1) day prior to the first banking day of the current statement cycle through one (1) day prior to the last banking day of the current statement cycle.
- See our website at www.section705fcu.org/contact or contact one of our branch service representatives for specific Monthly Qualification Cycle dates at 337-232-8450.
- Depending on what Kasasa account you have, you will receive the following rewards when you meet your account’s qualifications during a Monthly Qualification Cycle:
- Kasasa Saver: average daily balances up to and including $50,000.00 in your Kasasa Saver account earn an APY of 1% and average daily balances over $50,000.00 earn a dividend rate of .2497% on the portion of the average daily balance over $50,000.00 resulting in a range from 1.00% to .50% APY depending on the account’s average daily balance.
- You will receive reimbursements up to an aggregate total of $25 for nationwide ATM withdrawal fees incurred within your Kasasa Cash Back or Kasasa Cash account during that Monthly Qualification Cycle. We reimburse ATM withdrawal fees based on estimates when the withdrawal information we receive does not identify the ATM withdrawal fee. If you have not received an appropriate reimbursement, we will adjust the reimbursement amount if we receive the transaction receipt within sixty (60) calendar days of the withdrawal transaction.
- Depending on your Kasasa account, when your qualifications are not met, cash back payments are not made, nationwide ATM withdrawal fees are not reimbursed and:
- Kasasa Saver: the entire average daily balance in the Kasasa Saver account earns 0.05% APY.
- Dividends will be credited to your Kasasa Saver and Kasasa Cash accounts on the last day of the current statement cycle.
- The cash back payments and nationwide ATM withdrawal fee reimbursements earned in your Kasasa Cash Back account will be credited to your Kasasa Saver account on the last day of the current statement cycle.
- If Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back are linked to Kasasa Saver, the following also apply:
- Kasasa Cash: When linked to a Kasasa Saver account, the dividends earned within the Kasasa Cash account do not compound since it, along with any nationwide ATM withdrawal fee reimbursements are, automatically transferred to the Kasasa Saver account within one day. This automatic transfer may cause an overdraft to your Kasasa Cash account, if the account balance is less than the transferred amount when the transfer occurs.
- Kasasa Cash Back: When linked to a Kasasa Saver account, the cash back payments and nationwide ATM withdrawal fee reimbursements earned in your Kasasa Cash Back account will be credited to your Kasasa Saver account on the last day of the current statement cycle.
- APY = Annual Percentage Yield.
- APYs accurate as of 06/01/2021
- APY calculations are based on an assumed balance of $50,000.00 + $100,000 in your Kasasa Saver account and an assumed statement cycle of thirty-one (31) days.
- Rates, rewards, and bonuses, if any, are variable and may change after account is opened without notice to you. No minimum balance is required to earn or receive the account’s rewards. Rewards less than a penny cannot be distributed. Fees may reduce earnings.
- Additional Information:
- Membership restrictions may apply.
- Account approval, conditions, qualifications, limits, timeframes, enrollments, log-ons and other requirements apply.
- No minimum deposit is required to open the account.
- Monthly Direct Deposit/ACH credit/Bill payment and e-statements are conditions of this account.
- Enrollment in e-statements is a condition of Kasasa Saver’s linked Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back accounts.
- Enrollment in electronic services (e.g. e-statements) may be required to meet some of Kasasa Saver’s linked Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back account’s qualifications.
- Limit of 1 account per social security number.
- There are no recurring monthly maintenance charges or fees to open or close this account.
- A Kasasa Cash Back or Kasasa Cash account is required to have a Kasasa Saver account.
- A linked Kasasa Saver account is required for automatic savings.
- Advertised information and rewards are based on all account qualifications being met during each cycle period.
- High rate claim is based on FDIC’s National Weekly Rates for interest checking accounts. Claim is independent of any one institution’s offerings. Comparison Source: Interest Checking, FDIC 06/01/2021. http://www.fdic.gov/regulations/resources/rates/.
- Contact one of our credit union service representatives for additional information, account details, restrictions, reward calculations, processing limitations, cycle dates and enrollment instructions.
- Federally insured by NCUA.
- Kasasa, Kasasa Saver, Kasasa Cash Back and Kasasa Cash are trademarks of Kasasa, Ltd., registered in the U.S.A.
Lucky Lagniappe Savings
Lucky Lagniappe Savings
Save your money at 705 Federal Credit Union and you could win up to $5,000!
Here’s how it works:
1) Open a Lucky Lagniappe Savings accounts. It only takes $5 to open an account.
2) Each time you deposit $20 you earn one entry (up to five per month) into monthly prizes ($100) and quarterly prizes ($1,000).
3) Keep saving all year long with no more than two withdraws and you could be selected as the lucky winner of $5,000!
More deposits mean more chances to win. With Lucky Lagniappe Savings, you can set aside funds for emergency expenses, retirement, a down payment on a house, vacations, a new car or education.
It’s savings with benefits. There are no monthly fees. All the money you deposit into your Lucky Lagniappe Savings account is yours.
Yes, I want to open a Lucky Lagniappe Savings Accounts!
Youth Savings Accounts
Just for Kids! See Details on Our Youth Savings Account.
Click here to learn about getting a 705 youth savings account and all the perks of becoming a 705 mini-member.
Ready for Vacation? Be Prepared with a Vacation Club Savings Account!
This account type is very similar to our Christmas Club account option. Upon opening this account, save a portion of your pay check throughout the year specifically for vacation. On June 1st of every year, your funds will be released into your checking account just in time for vacation! A penalty will be given for early withdrawal or closing the account. (This is a very helpful option for those of us who need a little help with self-control!)
Food for Thought! Everyone loves a good vacation. But what do you enjoy more — the vacation itself, or the excitement and anticipation that come with looking forward to it? For many people, it’s the anticipation and planning that are as exciting, possibly more so, than the trip itself. If you’re feeling a letdown after a wonderful vacation, here’s the solution: Start planning your next one, even if it’s months away! Join our vacation club so that you’re saving all year, and think about where you want to go, what you want to do, and who you want to go with.
Christmas Club Savings Account? What’s That?
Our Christmas Club Account makes it super easy to save, too! All you have to do is open an account with a small starting deposit. Then, you have one full year to save up toward your Christmas fund. On or around November 1st, we release the entire balance to you just in time for you to get all of your Christmas shopping done! Plus, penalties for early closure will keep eager fingers out of this stash, leaving you lots of money to shop till you drop with no worries around Christmas time.
- For savings techniques, visit our Facebook or Twitter! We give weekly tips and tricks and how to be smart with your money throughout the year.
- To learn more about credit unions, visit www.asmarterchoice.org.
- We also offer a Vacation Club Account with a similar premise.
Super Green means SUPER Savings!
The Super Green Savings Account is all about higher earning potential for you. The Super Green is designed to allow members with higher dollar amounts in their Savings to earn a higher rate of return on their balances. If members have at least $10,000 to deposit into savings, they are eligible to enroll in this great savings opportunity. Read more about the balance levels set for higher earnings below! To be eligible for this account funds must be in the range of:
- $10,000 to $24,999.00
- $25,000 to $49,999.99
- $50,000 and above
Membership Savings Account
Membership Savings Account
To have a membership at 705 FCU, you must open a membership savings account and keep $25 in it at all times to be considered a “member.” This $25 is considered your share in the company. It allows us to be a not-for-profit financial institution. It is still your money. If you ever decide you no longer wish to be a member, you can get that money back. Besides that, the rest of the money within that account can be accessed.
- Once you have $100 within this savings account, you can start to accrue interest on the money you save. See our dividends on savings accounts.
- After opening a savings account, you can utilize all of our products and services from loans to a checking account (as long as you qualify.)
You can open up any of these accounts by coming to the credit union! Membership Eligibility is required to do so.
Dormant Accounts: To avoid receiving a dormant account fee, simply perform one financial transaction every 12 months in your account.(Members with a checking account or loan product will not be charged a fee.)
For dividends on these savings accounts, go to our rates page for up-to-date dividend rates. For more information on our Super Green program, feel free to contact us. See our disclosures for information on policies pertaining to savings accounts at 705 Federal Credit Union.