Free Kasasa Cash® Checking
Enjoy high dividend earnings and refunds on ATM withdrawal fees.*
- Free checking that pays high dividends
- 4.00% APY* on balances up to $15,000
- 4.00% to 0.74% APY on balances over $15,000 depending on balance in account*
- 0.05% APY* if qualifications aren’t met
- Refunds on ATM withdrawal fees, nationwide (up to $25 monthly)*
- Link to free Kasasa Saver® to build savings automatically
- No minimum balance to earn rewards
- No monthly maintenance fee
- Free debit card
- Free e-services, including:
- Online banking
- Mobile banking
- And more
- Shared branching also available
- No minimum deposit to open
Here’s how easy it is to earn your rewards:
Enrollments must be in place and all of the following transactions and activities must post and settle to your Kasasa Cash account during each Monthly Qualification Cycle:
- At least 12 debit card purchases
- At least 1 direct deposit, ACH payment, or bill pay transaction(s)
- Be enrolled in and agree to receive e-statements
And if you don’t meet these qualifications, don’t worry — your account is still free.
Plus, you’ll still earn our base rate. And you can get right back to earning your full rewards the very next cycle that you qualify.
- Account transactions and activities may take one or more days to post and settle to the account and all must do so during the Monthly Qualification Cycle in order to qualify for the account’s rewards. The following activities do not count toward earning account rewards: ATM-processed transactions, transfers between accounts, debit card purchases processed by merchants and received by our credit union as ATM transactions, non-retail payment transactions and purchases made with debit cards not issued by our credit union. Transactions bundled together by merchants and received by our institution as a single transaction count as a single transaction for the purpose of earning account rewards.
- “Monthly Qualification Cycle” means a period beginning one (1) day prior to the first banking day of the current statement cycle through one (1) day prior to the last banking day of the current statement cycle.
- See our website at www.section705fcu.org/contact or call 337-232-8450 to contact one of our branch service representatives for specific Monthly Qualification Cycle dates.
- When your Kasasa Cash account qualifications are met during a Monthly Qualification Cycle, average daily balances up to and including $15,000.00 in your Kasasa Cash account earn a dividend rate of 3.928% resulting in an APY of 4%; and average daily balances over $15,000.00 earn a dividend rate of 0.249% on the portion of the average daily balance over $15,000.00, resulting in a range from 4% to .74% APY depending on the account’s average daily balance.
- You will receive reimbursements up to an aggregate total of $25 for nationwide ATM withdrawal fees incurred within your Kasasa Cash account during that Monthly Qualification Cycle. We reimburse ATM withdrawal fees based on estimates when the withdrawal information we receive does not identify the ATM withdrawal fee. If you have not received an appropriate reimbursement, we will adjust the reimbursement amount if we receive the transaction receipt within sixty (60) calendar days of the withdrawal transaction.
- When your Kasasa Cash qualifications are not met, the dividend rate earned on the account’s entire average daily balance will be 0.0499% resulting in an annual percentage yield of 0.05% and ATM withdrawal fees are not refunded.
- Dividends will be credited to your Kasasa Cash account on the last day of the current statement cycle.
- Nationwide ATM withdrawal fee reimbursements will be credited to your account on the last day of the current statement cycle.
- APY = Annual Percentage Yield.
- APYs accurate as of 06/01/2021.
- APY calculations are based on an assumed balance of $15,000.00 + $100,000 in your Kasasa Cash account and an assumed statement cycle of thirty-one (31) days.
- Rates, rewards, and bonuses, if any, are variable and may change after account is opened without notice to you. No minimum balance is required to earn or receive the account’s rewards. Rewards less than a penny cannot be distributed. Fees may reduce earnings.
- Membership restrictions may apply.
- Account approval, conditions, qualifications, limits, timeframes, enrollments, log-ons and other requirements apply.
- No minimum deposit is required to open the account.
- Monthly Direct Deposit/ACH credit/Bill payment and e-statements are conditions of this account.
- Enrollment in e-statements is a condition of [this/these] account(s).
- Enrollment in electronic services (e.g. e-statements) may be required to meet some of the account’s qualifications.
- Limit of 1 account(s) per social security number.
- There are no recurring monthly maintenance charges or fees to open or close this account.
- A Kasasa Cash account is required to have a Kasasa Saver account.
- A linked Kasasa Saver account is required for automatic savings.
- Advertised information and rewards are based on all account qualifications being met during each cycle period.
- Contact one of our credit union service representatives for additional information, account details, restrictions, reward calculations, processing limitations, cycle dates and enrollment instructions.
- Federally insured by NCUA.
- Kasasa, Kasasa Cash and Kasasa Saver are trademarks of Kasasa, Ltd., registered in the U.S.A.